Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday's ramblings

Tonight is the boys first night of extra curricular activities! We plan on keeping them VERY socialized. I capitalize that because, quit frankly, it's one of the biggest things debated when you mention schooling at home. As if you get much time to actually socialize at public school, lol.   Rest assured, my boys will not lack in that department. In fact, we are having to scale down on socialization :P One class that they will take every Tuesday & Thursday is 'Kids in Motion'  It is a one hour PE class taken at our local Y.  And tonight marks our first class :) They will also be apart of Agape, which is a group of home school families that come together for physical education classes. The goal is to help children improve their fitness level and to learn physical education and sport skills. Also, to do this within an environment that encourages the students toward good character and sportsmanship. This class meets 3 Fridays a month & they are in age appropriate classes.  They will also take a class at the Fort Worth Zoo once a month!  We are super excited about all of our fun learning we will get to do this year! 

Todays creation with Legos looks something like this:

I also scored an awesome (FREE!) desk with a big shelving unit above it! It was set out for trash down my street and I lugged it home. It is a pale yellow, and desperately needs some TLC, but once it is a beautiful teal paint, it will be perfectO!  I was going to have to share a desk with my *fabulous* husband, but this desk will likely save our marriage, seeing as he is a total slob and I am a total organized neat freak.  

Fitness update:  I am down 43 pounds :) We worked legs/abs yesterday, which is my strongest muscles, but it was an intense workout.  I love love love the feeling after you finish a workout & I crave it every singe day.  I did, however, make a not-so-healthy eating choice for lunch. PIZZA! It has been a month since I had any & I was craving it. So, I used 347 of my daily calories to eat Dominoes. *hides head in shame*  

Oh well, YOLO!


No comments:

Post a Comment