Friday, August 17, 2012

Lesson planning

Whew! I never knew how much went into lesson planning, especially 3 different grade levels! I know it will get easier, but this first week was crazy (crazy in a good way, exhausting in another).  I have decided to just make lessons for the week instead of a month or semester at a time. I do have a general outline of what the year will look like, and what goals that we need to meet, but we are doing this one week at a time for now :P  Here is a little of what my table looked like for 3 days this week:


I have decided to do somewhat of a workbox type system, only there will be no workboxes, lol. Each kid has a binder with dividers in it labeled Monday-Friday.  All of their worksheets for the week are in the binder, as well as a computer time card, read to self card, journal card, & book work card (all laminated). Once they are done with their work, they will turn it into the 'finished' box on my desk.  
We are just trying this out, so if we need to tweak it, or change it all together, we will.  We have lots of brain break cards, and between working alone, we will do some subjects together.  Here are my little scholars today at 6 Flags:




Tonight my (awesome) landlord, friend, & neighbor volunteered to take all 3 boys to her house for a while to play!! So, I got to have a surprise date night with this hottie:



Next week begins setting up our classroom!!! I am SO excited and so are the kiddos :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment