Tuesday, August 21, 2012

School prep!

T-5 days to the door! My boys are so excited they can't stand it! They have been helping me a lot with all of the prep work of homeschooling :) If you are a fellow hs'er, you totally get it. If not, imagine that the school teachers are in their rooms at least a week before classes start, then add 2 extra grade levels :P
First off, a person can only laminate so many things, right? ....................wrong. I am Ashley Russell, and I am a laminate addict.  Seriously, I *love* that thing! Things will last so much longer and we can reuse them every year, if we continue to be led by the Lord to homeschool (:
I set up the calendar and laminated all the #'s. May awesome husband (our principle) took the huge calendar to Staples to get it laminated for me, as my scotch won't do that big 'ol poster. I added velcro tabs to the months and days and we will just switch it every month!
The little boys (kinder and 1st) will be learning the days of the week, and the order they come in.  Bradley knows this already, but it will be a reminder, and a fun morning routine! So, here is my nifty project #1:

We will also be learning all about weather, so project #2 is this:



My boys *love* to help, so everyday we will have a 'mom's helper.' This person also gets to do his work in a super cool chair I picked up today (will post pics of tomorrow!)  Here is the mom's helper project:


I also decided to do a behavior chart. They will start a "star" and have the chance to be a "super star" or just have an "ok day" or a "sad day." :


And, if they are a SUPER STAR, they get to pick one of these cards and use it whenever they want!



I could bore you to death with all of the stuff I have prepared, but I am going to cut this post short, as it is 11:30 and this mama is SLEEPY! 

I will post more tomorrow of stuff I have been working on, and once the school room is all set up, I will post pics of that as well!

'Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment