Sunday, August 19, 2012

Homeschool vs. public school

I have someone that is very important in my life, and she brought something to my attention the other day. So, what kind of friend would I be if I didn't blog about it? No, really, it kind of pinged my heart, so I thought I would address it here in my little spot on the world wide web.  I have done the public school thing & was very impressed with the school we attended. It wasn't really a 'public' school, more like a brain based private school, but never-the-less a school setting with teachers, tests & a principle.  Do I think that sending your kid(s) to public school makes you any less of a parent? Absolutely not! Been there, done that, and guess what? It didn't screw up my kids.  Why does society have to think that one is better than the other, or that homeschooling kids are smarter, or that public schoolers are more social? I mean, really people? We ALL as parents do what we feel is best for our children at that time in our lives.   It is like the whole breastfeeding/formula debate. Ive done both, see I'm a rebel like that, and guess what? ALL of my kids still get sick!!!! OH MY! True story.  God already has a plan, and if it is His plan that your children go to public school, and mine learn at home, it is just that-His plan. I can say, without ANY doubt,  that the Lord brought us here, and God doesn't make mistakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment